Ros Soulsby (Personal Assistant Services)
Mobile: 07536 173698
List of services
Elderly and dementia support. To help people continue to live in their own homes, stay connected with family, friends, hobbies and interests. Experience with Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, stroke aphasia, spinal injury, palliative care.
- Shopping trips, help with ordering online groceries or collecting shopping
- Social outings. Transport to regular activities or religious services, support to find new activities and interests.
- Appointments. Accompany to medical appointments, liaise with healthcare staff.
- Overnight respite care so family or carer can have a break
- Companionship to help alleviate feelings of isolation
- Domestic duties – general light housework and gardening
- Meals – prepare home-cooked meals or help client with cooking
- Medication – prompting, administering, ordering medication
- Admin – support with paperwork and filling forms, applying for benefits, filing and PC work.
Lewes and Crowborough area
No availability at present
Charging and related information
Mon – Fri £20.00 per hour
Bank holidays and weekends £30.00 (1.5 time hourly rate)
Sleeping night for 8 hours £115
Travel for outings and appointments charged at 0.45 p per mile.
We are all competent cooks, and get great satisfaction from organising drawers and cupboards, tidying paperwork and two of us have a passion for folding! I have a love of language, books, dance and nature and have a working cocker spaniel.
My colleagues also enjoy healthy eating, yoga, baking, gardening and arts and crafts.
I have 14 years’ experience of working in the health and social care sector, both with the elderly and adults with learning disabilities. I’ve worked with individuals in the community, in nursing and rest homes, day care and group homes. I work with a small team of wonderful colleagues who also enjoy community work, supporting elderly clients to live rich and independent lives. We offer companionship, outings, home admin, help with medication and appointments, home maintenance, day to day tasks, meals and domestic duties.
I started my career as a qualified secretary, after which I spent 35 years in social care, and in training and education. I have a coaching qualification, advanced training in transactional analysis and am trained in yoga massage. I have worked within a social services care home, before providing community support, respite for carers and running sessions at a social education centre.
Having taken a teaching qualification within social services, I moved into leadership training, where I ran my own small business for 19 years.
In 2018 I returned to home care support, which feels like coming home.
My colleagues’ have a background in business, care and education and all have experience caring for their own relatives, as well as in a professional setting.
- Support With Confidence accredited member
- Support With Confidence approved
- Cleaning - general
- Coaching and Personal Development
- Domestic duties
- Medication assistance
- Personal Assistant
- Personal Assistant Transport
- Preparing meals in the home
- Secretarial and administrative
- Shopping assistance
- Social Activities
Find the help you need