Mobile: 07392 202 174
List of services
I can help you with:
• Cleaning, tidying, washing, ironing and organising, as well as tackling larger tasks like spring cleaning
• Internet shopping, phone calls and other admin
• Shopping and other errands on your behalf
• Accompanying you shopping, to appointments, activities, places of interest, family and friends etc
• General garden maintenance
• The basic needs of household pets and clearing up after them (I’m used to walking large dogs and washing their muddy feet, or fully bathing them when necessary)
I have public liability insurance.
Happy to help within 2 miles of Eastbourne town centre
No availability at present
Charging and related information
• Monday to Friday 9am-5pm £18.00 per hour
• Monday to Friday 5pm-9am £21.00 per hour
• Weekends £23.00 per hour
• Bank Holidays £26.50 per hour
• Sleep-ins £9.50 per hour, from 1 April 2022 (ie National Living Wage. NB This may increase from 1 April 2023)
These rates are for a minimum of two hours. Please ask about rates for less than two hours.
Mileage for shopping, errands and accompanying you by car = 45p per mile.
The plants and animals of the countryside, local history (military and industrial, too), chess, many different kinds of music, what’s on in the news, caring for the planet, poetry, helping victims of crime.
I‘m a member of the National Trust, Sussex Wildlife Trust and Eastbourne Natural History & Archaeological Society
I’ve enjoyed friendship with older and disabled people since an early age, in both work and spare time:
• Voluntary work with the homeless and others in all kinds of need at St Patrick’s, Hove, and Matthew 25 Mission, Eastbourne
• Worked as a cleaner, gardener, kitchen porter, retail assistant (including at food outlets), driver and archaeology assistant
• More recent experience of voluntary care, helping with cooking, cleaning, tidying, checking hearing aids, encouraging physiotherapy exercises, shopping and other errands, phoning medical people, checking heating controls and minor household maintenance.
• Training with the curriculum of the Care Certificate, where I took courses in Emergency First Aid at Work (L3), Food Safety in Catering (L2), Infection Prevention and Control, Medication Assistance, Moving and Handling of People, and Safeguarding Adults (I have an Advanced DBS Disclosure).
Pastoral care in a parochial setting
- Support With Confidence accredited member
- Support With Confidence approved
- Domestic duties
- Personal Assistant
- Pet walking
- Preparing meals in the home
- Respite care
- Secretarial and administrative
- Shopping assistance
- Social Activities
Find the help you need